Forget the Australian Crawl - I am the Walrus...
I'm starting to harbour a few doubts that Liam will ever actually crawl - because our clever or stubborn wee fellow has figured out other ways to get around, none of which is actually crawling, or seems to really be on the way to crawling..
Firstly theres the rolling - thats been going on for a while now and according to one of Saady's books kids who roll a lot often don't crawl. Now theres 'The Walrus'. We put two hands in front of ourselves and pull ourselves forward - pushing off with both our feet while we do it. A few weeks back he started doing this - he spotted the cord to the vacuum cleaner and headed for it, so when he got near I retracted it a little with the foot button, and he kept coming - so I did it again...and so on until he got pissed off. When I told Saads this she wisely asked - "whats he going to do when he sees power cords in the future?". I'm still formulating my response...
.
Saads and I are going to wear holes in our pants demonstrating crawling to him - he still cracks up when we show him how to do one hand after the other then leans forward on to his hands to have a laugh at us.
.
Also hes stopped saying Dad-dad-dad and is now on to Mum-mum-mum and Bub-bub-bub. I'm hoping Dad-dad-dad is still on rotation though.
Firstly theres the rolling - thats been going on for a while now and according to one of Saady's books kids who roll a lot often don't crawl. Now theres 'The Walrus'. We put two hands in front of ourselves and pull ourselves forward - pushing off with both our feet while we do it. A few weeks back he started doing this - he spotted the cord to the vacuum cleaner and headed for it, so when he got near I retracted it a little with the foot button, and he kept coming - so I did it again...and so on until he got pissed off. When I told Saads this she wisely asked - "whats he going to do when he sees power cords in the future?". I'm still formulating my response...
.
Saads and I are going to wear holes in our pants demonstrating crawling to him - he still cracks up when we show him how to do one hand after the other then leans forward on to his hands to have a laugh at us..
Also hes stopped saying Dad-dad-dad and is now on to Mum-mum-mum and Bub-bub-bub. I'm hoping Dad-dad-dad is still on rotation though.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home