Busy Trucks
Liam, like his old man, has taken a bit of a liking to all things mechanical, and such things are well represented in his small vocab. This currently consists of...
Kah! - CarTeh-duh! - Teddy
Mum-ma! - Mum
Deh-da! - Dad
Deh-ga! Digger
Da! - Ta (Taught by Granny Maya)
Diss! (while pointing) - Everything else...
And the rest is babble.
When we were living is Melbourne I spotted some retro matchbox trucks in the livery of FedEx and Pepsi at Safeway one day and had to have them - they reminded me of many winter hours in the 80's spent with me bruvvas playing make believe on the lounge room floor with roads made from timber offcuts and our stash of matchbox cars. Thats the kinda quirky shit I like to spend my money on. Anyway - when Zeekie came to Auckland about a year and a half ago we were a bit short of toys so out they came - he loved them. I've had them sitting up on top of a bookshelf here and Liam spied them last night while I was hauling him around - well that was it, next thing hes on his haunches pointing at them and telling me "Diss! this and "Diss" that. I got them down for him and I've never seen him so excited about a toy - he's crawling round after me with the giggles as I did laps with them, he even copied me and started making truck noises, kinda like a raspberry but only when he's pushing the truck along. Bloody marvellous!
Labels: When I Was A Boy...




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home