Bedtime Stories
Good old Richard Scarry books - in this case 'The Busiest People Ever' - teaching children the most important concepts in life since I was about Liams age. This gem of over-analysis from Wikipedia...
.
"Scarry's characters are almost always anthropomorphic animals. Occasionally this leads to the irony of portraying animals as farmers, tending livestock, including the infamous example of a pig portrayed as a butcher, selling ham and frankfurters behind a counter"
.
Crazy mind-bending stuff eh! Inspiration for Starburst Ad's - "I smell sausages!"
.
.
"Scarry's characters are almost always anthropomorphic animals. Occasionally this leads to the irony of portraying animals as farmers, tending livestock, including the infamous example of a pig portrayed as a butcher, selling ham and frankfurters behind a counter"
.Crazy mind-bending stuff eh! Inspiration for Starburst Ad's - "I smell sausages!"
.
On the lighter side Liam just loves this book because its chocka-block with 'Kah!' , 'Gwuck!' and 'Pluh!' illustrations - so he is quite happy sitting there, turning the pages back and forth and chatting away to himself.




2 Comments:
For all the changes, I'm not sure this post is getting better.
And reading it every day is boring me to tears. Not that I'm an everyday poster. I'm just happy to get a shag, these days.
By
Stu as "Stu", at May 26, 2006
In the absence of new material, rework the old, again and again and again...
AKA - When in doubt - rechurn it out
By
The McNamees, at May 27, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home