The Blue-Greens
I couldn't keep away - addictions are like that - I just need one more post! Actually Saads is crook we ended up having a weekend at home we when were supposed to be in Waihi. Anyway, on with the story...
Today was painting day for Liam - Gran commissioned him to do her a work of art so with "busssh" in hand he went to work. I'm told there was some stipulation that Saady regulate the use of colours so as to avoid the classic kindy brown smoosh, and she happily obliged setting the scene for what I thought was shaping up to be a little less fun than it could be. My suspicions were confirmed when she tried to take away the brushes when she decided he had 'done enough', and he promptly voiced his displeasure with a healthy tantrum which got him back his paint brush - good on ya mate!
So after adding a little more, and then a little more after that - behold the result. We call it 'The Blue-Greens', and like its namesake - its one big shambles. On second glance though, I can see a teenage mutant ninja turtle poking his tongue out and holding a shield... spooooky!
Today was painting day for Liam - Gran commissioned him to do her a work of art so with "busssh" in hand he went to work. I'm told there was some stipulation that Saady regulate the use of colours so as to avoid the classic kindy brown smoosh, and she happily obliged setting the scene for what I thought was shaping up to be a little less fun than it could be. My suspicions were confirmed when she tried to take away the brushes when she decided he had 'done enough', and he promptly voiced his displeasure with a healthy tantrum which got him back his paint brush - good on ya mate!So after adding a little more, and then a little more after that - behold the result. We call it 'The Blue-Greens', and like its namesake - its one big shambles. On second glance though, I can see a teenage mutant ninja turtle poking his tongue out and holding a shield... spooooky!




3 Comments:
Joe was actually the cause of the tears - and the cause of the ruined masterpiece - Liam and I had happily finished (Liam had moved on to painting his and my legs), when Joe decided he needed to take a photo of the artist at work - and gave him back the canvas and brush. He then managed to swirl all the colours together, and I had to remove the brush lest Gran get a completely blue-green canvas as a result. And tears definitely followed. All because of Joe. So there.
By
Anonymous, at December 11, 2006
you always have to have the last say Saads...haha. I thought he might be doing me a painting for my bday.....
By
Unknown, at December 13, 2006
Darling Liam
I think the painting is just perfect - just like you, my little Picasso!It will hang alongside your great great grandfather's work with pride!
Looking forward to seeing you soon,
Keep painting!
Lots of love
Gran
By
Anonymous, at December 18, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home