Catch Up
The second-half of 2009 have been something of a blogging drought like no other here - I don't think I've posted any real musings for over two months. Its not because I'm beset by any writers block, but simply because the last few months have been ridiculously busy - I think the busiest Saads and I have known in our decade and a bit together. And on consideration it looks like things will probably stay that way for a wee while (say fifteen years) so we best get used to it. The school holidays came and went a few months back and while my intention was to chill with the kids in the sun the reality ended up being a mix of me fussing over budgets for work for the next financial year while and getting out and about as much as we could when the weather's playing nasty tricks on you. Still though - I guess the kiddies had more fun than the ones you see spending their holidays in the passenger seat of a Hino cab. The next batch of holidays are only a week away now - and the piles of paid work are going to look after themselves for a bit. I think between the two of us Saads and I are probably averaging twice the hours of work-work we thought we would this year with the lions share of that being undertaken by Saads, who as I drafted this was sitting in coach-class somewhere over the Tasman. However as I publish it shes back on the couch next to me... only tasks that need immediate attention get finished these days...I should be folding washing...again
But through it all the kids have just kept growing - and growing beautifully. Frankly I wouldn't even know where to start with where they're at, because I don't know where I left off - so I guess I'll just say they're doing fine. Ultimately parenting is I suppose the experience of never quite getting the job quite right but still showing up each day to give it a shot knowing you'll get a hug for your efforts. And you do, and its certainly more than worth it for that.
And in the background noise... a few months have now passed since we moved from the wind swept peaks of the Western Hills where the cellphones don't work to the wind-swept beaches of Eastbourne where the rust never sleeps - which has been frankly, a resounding success (not that we've had much time to soak it up). No questions now of where we will buy a house in Wellington, if we ever get around to it...
Labels: bMail, Charles in Charge, Welly Bobs, Whanau and Whakapapa




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home