The Rescue - Parts One & Two...
Every parent will have one of these days...we've already had two!
Part one of the rescue occurred before I started this blog - Saady locked herself out of the house one day while the little man was asleep in the bassinet by the window. I got the teary eyed call from a neighbours place while I was at work - fortuitously I had taken the car that day so I raced home to find a very unhappy mum looking at her beautiful sleeping little boy through a pane of glass. It won't happen again we said... it seems we were wrong...Part two to the rescue happened today when I got the call from another neighbours place at about 3:45PM that it was all happening again. Saady had gone out the front door and locked him in behind her. But this time - I didn't have the car at work and there was no sleeping beauty - just one little Liam McNamee home alone and running wild and free. Awww shut!! Plan A quickly became Saads chucking a brick through the washhouse window - that didn't work because its shatter-proof - but she did try! Plan B materialised into Saads and a small coven of helpful neighbours trying to get in through the lounge window. Not content to just sit around, Liam even participated in his own rescue - clever boy - he lifted one of the latches for Saads, but then she had to stick her hand in before he closed it. He tripped over en-route to the second latch which started the tears, and apparently they flowed because Mum couldn't cuddle him. Finally Saads et-al managed to break the other latch and get in to comfort our very upset little boy. Shortly after this I arrived home courtesy of a workmate for cuddles, kisses and and contingency planning - what a nightmare!
Labels: Tough Times




3 Comments:
I'm willing to bet there are plans afoot for a spare key somewhere in your garden.
We laughed and laughed. But we feel your pain too.
Still.. it is quite funny! Very McNamee.
By
Stu as "Stu", at June 14, 2006
We are an unending series of unfortunate, but ultimately harmless mishaps...
We might forgo the spare key and leave a crowbar by the front door.
By
The McNamees, at June 14, 2006
It sounds like Saada the "Safety Inspector" has a little upskilling to do!!! All's well that ends well, but maybe I do have to take up a new career as nanny!!!!!
Love you!
and that hat is so damn cute....
By
Anonymous, at June 17, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home