The McNamees

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Australia, Round 2:

After a somewhat less than ideal trip (from a parenting point of view) to Melbourne in November we boldly decided have another go at crossing the Tasman with Liam. This time it was Sydney for five days on the spur of the moment to meet our old compadre's from London - the recently married Georgina and Steve Spencer. Having just moved to Wellington we thought catching up with them and their child in-utero would beat twiddling our thumbs and gnawing our nails waiting for job callbacks in 'The Valley'.

I'm not going to give a day by day 'and then we did this, and then we did that' account of the trip, but Liam travelled brilliantly this time, like a seasoned backpacker, a little Nomad. He even slept while we out on the road a couple of times, once on my chest at Manly (how appropriate) and another time on my legs at Darling Harbour (also appropriate). To quote a few inexperienced bloggers looking for a way to finish a post - "a good time was had by all". I tell ya, if I read that dead duck line one more time...
Moving on from my anger management problems - the three pics are (north to south) one of many ferry trips from Circular Quay, finding cardboard cutouts of Nemo at the Aquarium, and finding our way around Taronga Zoo (yeah I swallowed my pride once again so as not to become one of 'those dads')...

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • The closing line reminds me of the home video footage classic "so here we are then"

    I'm sure it was an "earth shattering experience" (at the end of the day - a John Tamihere favorite)

    By Blogger Steve, at February 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home