The McNamees

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bush Babies

My_basic rule of thumb with this news-stand is to do at least one post a month - possibly more, but definitely not less. Just so you know  - its called discipline I think. This month I've probably missed a few opportunities - like Liam's 4th Birthday - a picture of him and his cake deserves its own post so keep an eye out for it. Other than that the New  Year has gotten off to a fairly frantic start, I know not what it is that keeps us busy, all I know is that theres plenty of it...

For the first time in a long time I got out for a bushwalk in the beautiful Val de Korokoro with the kiddies yesterday. Liam has a habit of egging us on (farther up and further in) as we head downhill, only to change his tune to "I need a carry!" within ten steps of us turning about face to head back uphill. With a bit of encouragement and me periodically hiding around the next bend  he always does a good job of retracing his steps though. This was also the first time I've taken Priya for a wander since she was just a wee thing - so it was nice to see how her response to the backpack has gone from "time for a nap" to "could anything be more exciting". So we spent a good hour and a half breathing in fresh forest air and entertaining ourselves with bridges, waterfalls, the difference between trees and ferns (all made up of course) and pieces of dry underbrush (i.e. sticks). Perfect - no other way to describe it.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • Hey - nice to see a new posting and pics, kids look absolutely gorgeous and the dad's looking pretty good too! Sounds like a fun day.
    I'll look forward to the birthday pictures,

    lots of love
    gran maya

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 25, 2009  

  • I'm more likely to get around to smart alec responses than posting them...

    See you soon Nana Wigs the 2nd...heheheh

    By Blogger The McNamees, at February 25, 2009  

  • Oh - and I took her to plunket yesterday - close to 97th percentile for height (yay!) and 75th for weight (oh dear!?). No question of whether she's eating enough...

    By Blogger The McNamees, at February 25, 2009  

  • Maybe I'll take back what I said about the dad! haha ....
    Good for Priya - she's doing well!!
    love to the little ones,

    gran maya

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 26, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home