The Sunny Side of the Winter Blues...
We can't blame the weather for the lurgee, we've had a few clear blues here in Auckland (this town really is a nice place to call home in the winter) but we can blame daycare...
.
Officially Liam started full time care three weeks ago, Saads started a new job and I carried on as usual as a council chair moistener in Sector 7G. However Liam picked up an ear infection and tonsillitis from all the diseased little diaper wearers at daycare so he has been off sick for the last week and a half, and that meant I took the week off to look after him. And looking back over the last year and a half - that makes it officially the first week I've played the role of 'primary caregiver' - the role Saady held and excelled at for a more than two years - pre-natal inclusive. Believe it or not and Liam and I only had two doctors visits this week - and neither of them were of my making. Apart from a nasty night in the middle when he kept us up all night because (in the guilt ridden clarity of hindsight) his ear infection was at its worst I've loved it - he's just lovely company.
And amongst the long hours he was sleeping, the poorly wee chap still found time to watch a bit of Tintin and act the goat. Here he is - "Liam L'artiste" - the funky blue blockers are something we picked up for a couple of bucks at the mall one day - money very well spent...
Officially Liam started full time care three weeks ago, Saads started a new job and I carried on as usual as a council chair moistener in Sector 7G. However Liam picked up an ear infection and tonsillitis from all the diseased little diaper wearers at daycare so he has been off sick for the last week and a half, and that meant I took the week off to look after him. And looking back over the last year and a half - that makes it officially the first week I've played the role of 'primary caregiver' - the role Saady held and excelled at for a more than two years - pre-natal inclusive. Believe it or not and Liam and I only had two doctors visits this week - and neither of them were of my making. Apart from a nasty night in the middle when he kept us up all night because (in the guilt ridden clarity of hindsight) his ear infection was at its worst I've loved it - he's just lovely company.And amongst the long hours he was sleeping, the poorly wee chap still found time to watch a bit of Tintin and act the goat. Here he is - "Liam L'artiste" - the funky blue blockers are something we picked up for a couple of bucks at the mall one day - money very well spent...
Labels: Tough Times




2 Comments:
Dungarees... Wicked.
By
Stu as "Stu", at July 30, 2006
Classic! Whose been dressing Liam?
PS
He might have inherited some of his great-great-grandad's artistic genes...
By
Anonymous, at July 30, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home