Bookworm
He does love his books our little boy. Before we left Auckland I stumbled upon a dodgy little bookstore run by one of lifes little people (i.e. a weirdo) in an arcade off K-Road specialising in crusty brown paperback novels, 'second hand' pornography, and ten dollar Tintin comics in mint condition... Uncharacteristically I got a bit addicted (to the Tintin purchasing that is) and the one or two books I initially bought soon ended up being the whole collection - something of a Taonga for the next generation. And despite not being able to read a word (well thats not true - he does know "Mama, Dadda, Saada, Joe, Liam" and "Pwee-a") he loves to trawl through them looking at the pictures and pointing out things of interest - "Tintin, Snowy, Captain, 'Fessor Cal-cliss, Caster-oily..."
He's got a crazy little memory on him too, we have a selection of maybe ten childrens books that we read him before bed which he knows by heart - where I read out the sentences minus the last few words which he says. Crazy, because sometimes we might not read one of these books for a few weeks but he doesn't forget, even though I have to admit sometimes I do. An exam crammer in the making...
Labels: When I Was A Boy...




2 Comments:
Liam's love of books, words and language is amazing for a wee man of his age. It is a pleasure to see his level of interest and enjoyment;
love you Liam, and see you soon,
Gran
By
Anonymous, at August 15, 2007
Great to see the Wee Man reading up a storm!
Did you say 2nd hand Porn Joeseppi?.....What's the address?
JT
By
Anonymous, at September 06, 2007
Post a Comment
<< Home